Friday, April 12, 2013

Laryngomalacia, Tracheomalacia, Bronchomalacia - Stridor Sound

After recently helping another mother diagnose her child with this condition. I realized I had never posted a video of Sawyer's stridor...you know the benign "noisy breathing" every doctor talks about. Hopefully this video will help other Moms determine whether their child is having stridor or not and lead to demanding more answers from their doctors. Also we live in a time with iphones and any proof you can have of your child demonstrating weird behaviors in breathing or anything else they might do try to catch it on video...Doctors will have to address your concerns if you have videos of your child doing something that is not normal vs. just listening to the mother's intuition <----which BTW is like 99% accurate I am finding! Follow your gut but document anything weird your child does with video and writings of when it happened and how many times, etc. Keep thorough notes! <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a 21 year old female with brochomalacia in my left lung's main stem. I want to wish you and Sawyer well in your battle with this chronic condition. I was not diagnosed until high school with a bronchoscopy, since my pediatrician when I was little had hearing problems and didn't notice any breathing abnormalities. I just want to let you know that with time and patience, one can learn to live with this and go on to do awesome things like go to college, join clubs, go to conventions, and have a job. I still have bad days where I breath badly and am in a lot of pain, but I am still able to participate in my life and go places. I hope that Sawyer can achieve this as well!

    ReplyDelete